Saturday, October 10, 2009

the inspiration for the collaboration project

The inspiration for Mari’s Fire was born the day after her death. Lotte Greaver, a treasured DragonFire employee, approached me with the idea of a special show honoring Mari. We could hang it all together and call it the “Mari Wall”, she said. Quickly other people reiterated the same kind of thoughts. It blossomed into what has become a beautiful journey for myself and many other people. I’m so grateful to everyone who has participated. The awesome team of people at DragonFire: Marsha Huss, Cathy Martorano and Lotte. The artists of DragonFire who poured their love and respect for Mari into an art piece which they donated to the show and helped raise the money for a public sculpture. To the many customers and locals of Cannon Beach who were moved to buy the art work and support the project. To Ann Cavanaugh and Linley Schetky for their agreeing to be the artists to create the sculpture. Their incredible patience and creativity to move this project forward. I believe they care about this sculpture as much as I do. I couldn’t possibly feel more excited, blessed, and fortunate to be a part of Mari’s Fire. I can’t wait to see the finished creation . . . meanwhile, I’m honoring and taking in every moment of this journey." Eeva Lantela

No comments:

Post a Comment